Sunday, March 29, 2009

The sourdough project

It is decided, I am stepping up to the challenge of making sourdough. Armed with my amateur expertise and experience in baking bread from scratch and instant yeast package, this midnight baker is making her own starter from plain flour, honey, water and drumrolls please... no instant yeast in sight.

Today is day 2 and I am begining to see bubbles forming and yellow spots on the surface of this starter. No yeasty alcoholic smell detected just yet and admitedly the temptation to scatter half a teaspoon of instant yeast has tickled my mind. But I shall persist with my original recipe until the end.. or day 5. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
fantastic bakery iam so glad to see this website fantastic pics so i requested to please is there any vacancy of this bakery so please contact my email i.d awaismehdi2001@yahoo.co.in

Kiki Yulyaningsih said...

Hello,

Thanks for your kind comment. Unfortunately the Midnight bakery is not a business (yet), rather a collage of a hobby baker. If anything comes up, I'll be sure to post it up on my blog. ;)


Cheers,
Kiki