Sunday, June 21, 2009

Uglicious

Pizza A la Midnight Bakery


They say pictures say a thousand words and in this particular case, it is terribly true. I spent the weekend cooking from Indonesian Nasi Tumpeng, to red bean filled bread, chocolate tart and... pizza. Pizza has evolved in its definition and meaning to me from Pizza Hut products which was the only pizza I was familiar with when I was FOB (fresh of the boat) to a respectful savoury Italian pie dish to a dish that I frequently violate. By violate, I don't mean to make a mockery of it, but like anything else that I make, I make it my own, my way.

I made the base with the bread dough that I had reserved, topped with a sauce that I concocted out of tomato paste, basil pesto, cracked pepper and chilli flakes. I blanketted the pizza with prosciutto which I had painfully carved myself, halved kalamata olives, mixed antipasto and finally mozzarella and a bit of parmesan.

It was uglicious.

No comments: