Thursday, November 20, 2008

A glimpse into life in the lab

I believe that there are two driving forces behind scientific research. One is humanity, the wish to improve medical science and to better the quality of lives of those who are not so fortunately blessed with optimally functioning bodies. The other is curiosity, almost the same curiosity that pushes an explorer to travel to corners of the world ungrazed by travel catalogues.

Call me a geek, but little things like this assay haven't ceased to be less beautiful in my eyes no matter how many times I see it. Just imagine, there are infinite more other beautiful sights to observe that I am yet to encounter. This is one of the reasons why I get out of my bed in the morning (despite grudgingly). The anticipation of translating the intensities of colors into analytical digits often invades my sleep. Fingers crossed they will fall into places like hoped. Fingers crossed. How unscientific, but old habbits, especially harmless ones like this, die hard. Hehehe.

No comments: